Friday, March 6, 2015

My Past|Part 1:Getting Over New York

4 comments    
categories: 



I often think about my past. My past, when I lived in New York.  My childhood. The hot summers. The cold winters.


 


The sound of my heels as they clicked-clacked on the pavement.
The sound of the busy streets. Everyone having a destination.
The sounds of the 90's and early 2000's that sang through my headphones as I walked blocks to catch the bus.
The sound of hip hop and r&b blasting at all types of night.
Too many sounds to list.
The City that never sleeps.







The many places to go, things to see and do.
The tall buildings hugged tightly together in rows. 
Children playing on the block with the fire hydrant trying to stay cool on a warm summer day.
Chocolate ice cream with chocolate sprinkles from the ice cream truck...fixed my way.
Watching the Icee man shave a huge block of ice, then flavoring it with cherry juice topped with sweet milk.
A masterpiece that no Brooklyn kid could deny on a hot summer day.

Chilling with my best friend;Enjoying the lights of 42nd street at night.
Loving Life...

It's where I was bred.
Born and raised. 
The way I talk, the way I think, learned to live
and maybe even the way I walk. 
Life there was vibrant. Full of color.
Sadness, Happiness and plenty of stories to tell.

New York is an Art.

New York is full of inspiration.

The more I type, the more I miss it. 
Brooklyn, New York is home.
But, It is also my past. 

I have come to realize that, I think of my past more than I think of my future. 
The should've and the would've. 
The maybe this and maybe that's. 

I know that God has me here for a reason. I know that He has work for me to do in his Kingdom. While being so focused on the great memories of my past, I have been neglecting the possibilities of my future.





 First I want to say thank you for who you are and all that you have done. Thank you for all the great memories of my past, as well as the bad ones. They have shaped me into the woman that I am today. I know that you have a great plan for my life and that I have been stuck in the past for far too long. Today is the day that I that I give it all to you and begin to prepare and look forward to my future. Though, I will never forget my past. 








4 comments:

  1. I love itttttttt! First off you are truly a creative writer because i visualized everything. Loving your blogs so far, keep up the good work sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you as I'm reading it and your pulling me in more and more you really have a gift from God you're writing creative skills I truly heaven send you are ready love you

    ReplyDelete