Thursday, March 5, 2015

My Cup of Green Tea

4 comments    


I like to sniff my organic green tea bags before plopping them in hot water.
Aahhh...they smell so refreshing. The beautiful green, earthy, herby smell gives me a strange feeling of calm.I put my cup in the microwave and wait for my tea to be prepared.



A spoonful of honey, a few squeezes of lemon..YES PLEASE!
I might even put in a capful of Apple Cider Vinegar..or maybe that could throw off the groove of my cup of tea.

As I sit in front of my laptop and patiently wait on my cup of green tea, I'm relieved.
I am thankful that God has allowed me to see another beautiful day. I look out the window and see
the green trees blowing in the wind. Sometimes I just have to realize how blessed I am.

I can't believe I'm sitting here writing a blog. I consider myself an EXTREMELY private person. I'm very cautious of who I invite into my world. I play with my card close to my chest. I've been this way for as long as I can remember.

I'm afraid to let people into my life.
I'm afraid that they won't accept me for who I am.
I'm afraid of what they'll think of me in their own minds.
(Which I have absolutely no control over)

(Sips a hot cup of green tea)

But maybe, its time for a change.
Maybe, I haven't let enough people into my life.
Maybe, I'm so guarded that I'm blocking my own blessings?
Maybe, today is the day to start fresh.

 (Takes another sip of green tea)

What if, someone that I know in REAL life reads my blog?
What if, they start to see me differently?
What if,  no one reads it at all?
What if, someone actually does read it and relates?!

Oh, the possibilities of life.

Today is my first step to a new beginning. I cast all of the fears, the maybes, and the what ifs, to YOU. I ask that you give me the courage and strength to do your will for my life. Be it through this blog or any other path that you have planned for my life. I know that you are in control. I trust you with my life. Help me to come to know You better as I get to know myself.
Have Your Way God.

4 comments:

  1. First blog and its official! Keep it coming, I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great! You were so open and honest, I believe it also was relieving. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasha and Shavier are right! Keep them coming! I'm so proud of you! Lady you had me feeling like I had me some Green Tea.... sip sip! Cheers to new beginnings & allowing God to use you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks lovelies! I appreciate ya'll. Cheers Yona! You should try it sometime...organic green tea is soooo relaxing...to me anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete